Cape Elizabeth School Board 2016-17 Goals
- Superintendent Search: Recruit and select a highly-qualified, experienced district-level leader who is the right fit for Cape Elizabeth.
- K-12 Alignment: Establish and document consistent, coherent, transparent learning goals in all instructional areas both horizontally (common learning expectations across a grade-level or course regardless of teacher) and vertically (each grade builds on the work of the prior grade and all curriculum is aligned to a set of K-12 graduation standards); develop a district calendar to support both consistent and uninterrupted student in-class time as well as time for teacher growth and collaboration; keep professional development focused on these goals.
- Climate/Culture: Give high priority to clear and regular communication within district, with parents, and with the community at large with emphasis on transparency, relationship building, and trust building.
- Proficiency Based Education: Continue to develop for 2017-18 implementation at the freshmen level clear learning goals in ELA, math, science, and social studies, and documentation procedures (including report cards) to support this implementation and transition to standards-based diploma in 2021-22.
- Evaluation System: Support and monitor implementation of new teacher evaluations system; review integrity of the system and solicit teacher and principal feedback.
- Resource allocation: Prepare a budget that supports district goals; conduct negotiations with the Cape Elizabeth Education Association based on positive regard and fiscal responsibility.
Date Approved by School Board: Nov. 8, 2016