We support students in seeking cultural and educational experiences in other countries or school settings. Planning for such an experience should begin the year before the proposed study.

Students must write a letter of intent to the school principal to leave the system to study in another location. This letter should clearly explain the student’s plan for study away. The student and parents must meet with the respective guidance counselor to develop an academic plan that will insure successful fulfillment of the Cape Elizabeth graduation requirements. A semester of study away may affect the sequence of required courses as most of Cape Elizabeth academic courses are a year long. The families and school should plan the student’s experience so that re-integration occurs at the beginning of a semester or year. The Cape Elizabeth School Department does not provide correspondence-type courses for students traveling for extended periods.

An official transcript or record of the experience to be added into the Cape Elizabeth academic record is required and will be incorporated into student transcripts according to the high school’s procedure.

CROSS REFERENCE: Cape Elizabeth High School Guidance Office –
“Procedures for Transfer of Student Grades”

ADOPTED: February 11, 1997
Recoded: June 1998
REVISED: November 4, 2008
October 13, 2015

School Board Members 2019

Susana Measelle Hubbs - Chair
Heather Altenburg - Co-Vice Chair
Elizabeth Scifres
Kimberly Carr - Co-Vice Chair
Laura DeNino
M. Nasir Shir
Hope Straw
  1. Facebook
  2. YouTube
© 2019 Cape Elizabeth School Department - 320 Ocean House Road - Cape Elizabeth, ME 04107