A “booster organization” is an organization of parents and/or community members that supports a school extracurricular activity financially and/or by other means. Participation is completely voluntary.
An “athletic booster organization” is a booster organization that supports an athletic activity.
Sanctioning and Financial Support
The role of booster organizations in the sanctioning process and in providing financial support for an activity is defined in the Sanctioning of Sports policy.
Athletic Booster Organization Coordinating Committee
There shall be organized an Athletic Booster Organization Coordinating Committee consisting of the Athletic Administrator, who shall serve as chair of the committee; the High School Principal, who shall serve as the committee’s secretary; a representative of each Athletic Booster group; a coach representative; at least one parent of an athlete in each sport without an active Athletic Booster Organization; and at least one student athlete. The committee shall meet at least twice per year.
The committee shall have two roles:
1) To draft and periodically review, subject to School Board approval, a Cape Elizabeth Athletic Booster Organization Handbook which shall address such questions as:
• The organization and decision-making process of Booster groups
• The process for seeking approval of fundraising activities
• The process for seeking approval for spirit and recognition activities, if those activities involve the use of school grounds or facilities
• Guidelines for arriving at a healthy balance between spirit-building activities, the priority of academics, and the privacy of individual student-athletes
• Communications with the school and parents concerning Booster issues and meetings
• Other issues which the Committee feels are important and helpful to address
This handbook shall be presented for approval to the School Board and shall be reviewed annually by the Committee to determine if there is a need for changes. Any changes must also be presented to the School Board.
2) To coordinate fundraising schedules and to consider any proposals involving coordinated fundraising activities that may benefit more than one athletic program.
- DF - Fundraising
- DF-R – Fundraising procedure
- DFF – Student Activities Funds
- JJIF – Sanctioning of Sports
- KJA – Relations with Booster Organizations
ADOPTED: May 14, 2002 [policies DFAB: Athletic Booster Orgs & JJIBC: Relations with Booster Orgs]
Revised: May 8, 2007 [policy JJIBC: Relations with Booster Orgs]
RECODED and Revised: April 12, 2016 [formerly policy DFAB: Athletic Booster Organizations]