The School Board recognizes that a dynamic and efficient staff dedicated to education is necessary to maintain a constantly improving educational program. The School Board is interested in its personnel as individuals and it recognizes its responsibility for promoting the general welfare of staff.
The School board's specific personnel goals are:
- To recruit, select, and employ the best qualified staff for the school system.
- To provide staff compensation and benefits programs sufficient enough to attract and retain quality employees.
- To provide an in-service training program for all employees in order to improve their performance and to improve the overall rate of retention and promotion of staff.
- To conduct an employee appraisal program that will contribute to the continuous improvement of staff performance.
- To set forth in written job descriptions, the duties and responsibilities for each position, along with the criteria (skills, knowledge and abilities) required to perform those duties and to review/revise those job descriptions as warranted, but not less often than every five years.
- To assign personnel so as to ensure they are utilized as effectively as possible.
- To effectively administer negotiated collective bargaining agreements to develop the quality of human relationships necessary to obtain maximum staff performance and satisfaction.
ADOPTED: June 10, 2003
REVIEWED: December 14, 2004
August 27, 2013