The Board expects all employees and students in Cape Elizabeth School District to comply with the federal copyright law and guidelines. Employees and students who willfully disregard the law/guidelines and the Board’s copyright policy and procedure do so at their own risk. Cape Elizabeth School District will not extend legal and/or insurance protection to employees or students for willful violations of this policy. Such violations may also result in disciplinary action.
The Superintendent is responsible for implementing this policy and the accompanying administrative procedure. The Superintendent may delegate specific responsibilities to building principals and others as he/she deems appropriate.
Cape Elizabeth School District will take the following steps to discourage violations of the copyright law in Cape Elizabeth School District
- All instructional staff and administrators shall receive a copy of this policy and the accompanying administrative procedure.
- Copyright notices shall be posted within view of copying equipment.
- Teachers and library media specialists shall be responsible for informing students about the legal and ethical issues raised by copyright infringement and illegal use of copyrighted materials.
- EGAD-R – Copyright Compliance Administrative Procedure
- GCSA/GCSA-R – Employee Computer and Internet Use
- IJND – School District Website/Web Pages
- IJNDB/IJNDB-R – Student Computer and Internet Use
Legal Reference: 17 U.S.C. § 101 et seq. (The Copyright Act of 1976)
P.L. 107-273 (The TEACH Act of 2002)
ADOPTED: January 10, 2006
Reviewed: June 11, 2013