Goal: Board member selected by March (for every year after 2007).
- 1st step: Submission of a nomination sheet with 25 student signatures.
- 2nd step: All students who submit their sheet on time and with acceptable signatures must attend an informational meeting held by the superintendent, members of the school board, and members of the student council.
- 3rd step: There is a school-wide assembly (minus seniors) in which current SAC members conduct a question and answer session including the candidates.
- 4th step: After the assembly, there is a school-wide vote (minus seniors) to select the students to sit on the board for the next school year.
- School board student-elect are encouraged to attend school-board meetings and educate themselves on the purpose in the months after they are elected before the end of the school year.
- Beginning at the start of the school year, a school board student will attend monthly business meetings, and be invited to attend all workshops and committee meetings. Any school board meetings will take precedence over all other extra-curricular activities.
- School board students are responsible for preparing any needed materials for all meetings and responding to and sending the necessary emails. This could include formalized speeches, essays, research, or statements.
- School board students must attend all student advisory council meetings and give updates on what is going on within the school board and what they have recently accomplished.
The rules of the substance abuse policy and academic eligibility apply.
Legal Reference: 20-A MRSA ¶ 1001 (1A)
ADOPTED: April 10, 2007
Reviewed: March 12, 2013 for removal from policy manual
Updated by District Leadership Team November 2014